Moving the Needle. Starting and growing a 9-figure eCommerce subscription business.
We were honored to have Alex Brown, Co-Founder of The Beard Club, join us for our latest podcast! Alex — a big lover of the startup space and helping entrepreneurs position their businesses for massive growth — shared all that he’s learned throughout The Beard Club’s journey, especially in regards to scaling, retention, culture and customer service. He also discussed how the company jumped from $0 to $13 million in revenue in the first year.
Listen time: 52 minutes
Be sure to tune in at these specific times to hear Alex discuss hot topics and key moments like:
- 2:30 How we got started? “Living in a house with a bunch of dudes, AirBnb our rooms out…”
- 4:25 “We were called an ‘overnight success’, but in reality, there were 8 months of prep.”
- 11:20 “You cannot scale without retention.”
- 12:08 To drive retention, “we are focusing on product education and habit forming.”
- 18:30 About culture, ‘we are true to the brand and who we really are…”.
- 28:28 When you have a brand built on viral videos, how do you stay fresh and relevant?
- 34:34 Giving back
- 37:30 Customer service
If you prefer to skim through written content, we’ve got you covered! The transcript can be downloaded here.
BONUS: Would you like the blueprint for creating viral videos by tapping into the unconscious mind? If so, Alex shared the link, so check it out here.