NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SUMMARY: The Subscription Trade Association (SUBTA) will conduct a Virtual Conference Challenge (the “Challenge”). Each individual who registers for and participates in the Virtual Conference (the “Conference”) is eligible to participate in the Challenge. Participants will earn points for certain items they participate in. Participants who receive the most points will be eligible to be randomly selected to win a prize. Before entering the Challenge, each participant must review and agree to be bound by the Challenge’s Official Rules as set out below.
DATES: The Challenge will launch on September 24, 2020 at 11:45 AM EST and will conclude at 4:00 PM EST on September 24, 2020. The winner list will be contacted via email the week of September 28, 2020.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Christopher George, SUBTA Chairman and Co-Founder, 901 Wilshire Dr., Ste. 190, Troy, Michigan, 48084, (833) 63-SUBTA; email@example.com
1. Eligibility: The Challenge is only open to citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia; who are above the age of majority in their state of legal residence as of September 24, 2020; and who attend the Conference through September 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM EDT.
The Challenge is not open to the following persons: employees, agents or representatives of SUBTA and the subsidiaries and affiliates of the Cosponsors, or employees, agents or representatives of exhibitors providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Challenge, including Challenge agencies (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”); immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouses of each) of the Excluded Individuals; any other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside; and individuals that have an outstanding, unresolved financial obligation to, or that are currently suspended or debarred by, the federal government.
2. Registration: Conference registration will be available at https://subta.6connex.com/event/VirtualEvents/en-us and subta.com. Void where prohibited.
3. Judging Criteria: Each individual who participates in the Virtual Conference on September 24, 2020 is eligible to participate in the Challenge. Participants will earn points as outlined within the virtual evnironment. Participation points will only be awarded if the minimum participation threshold is met. Participants may be limited on the number of times they can perform each action (except as otherwise indicated). The virtual conference software platform is the official time- and point-keeping device for the Challenge.
4. Prizes for winners: Participants will earn points based on their engagement in the platform as listed above. Participants who receive the most points will be eligible to be randomly selected to win one of three giveaway prizes. Cash prizes totaling $379.00 will be awarded to three individuals.
Prize Name and Description
|Prize 1||Apple Airpods 2|
|Prize 2||$100 Amazon Gift Card|
|Prize 3||$50 Starbucks Gift Card||$50.00||SUBTA|
Odds of winning the Challenge will depend on the total number of participants and the level of participation at the Conference of each participant. The approximate retail value of all prizes is $400.00.
Limit one prize per person for the Challenge. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by SUBTA. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, including but not limited to, sales and use taxes, excise taxes, income and withholding taxes, customs duties, fees and like amounts in connection with a prize. SUBTA is not responsible for any such taxes or expenses. A Form 1099 may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities if total prizes received by a participant is $600 or more.
5. Potential Winner Notification: SUBTA will notify each potential prize recipient by e-mail (at the e-mail address provided by the participant when registering for the Virtual Conference). In the event SUBTA is unable to contact a potential winner despite reasonable efforts to do so, as determined by SUBTA’s sole discretion, such potential winner’s prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by SUBTA.
The e-mail notification will include a link that contains a copy of a Release and Eligibility Agreement (the “Claim Form”) and other information required to claim the prize. All completed, un-amended claim forms must be received by SUBTA within ten (10) business days after it is e-mailed to the potential winner (“Submission Deadline”). All completed Claim Forms become the property of SUBTA and will be verified by SUBTA. In order to claim a prize, each potential winner must complete the claim form which includes representations of eligibility, compliance and release of liability and publicity release. Among other things, the submission of the Claim Form confirms compliance with these rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, agreement to maintain confidentiality until winners are announced by SUBTA, and release of certain parties from any losses, liabilities, damages or claims arising from or related to the prize awarded and the Challenge itself. If a potential winner fails to submit the Claim Form with all information required by the Submission Deadline, SUBTA reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner, and SUBTA shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
If a potential winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. If a potential winner declines the prize, another winner with the next highest score may be selected based on the judging criteria.
6. Release. By entering the Challenge, each participant agrees: (a) to abide by these rules and the decisions of SUBTA, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release and hold harmless SUBTA, its subsidiaries and affiliates and the franchisees and affiliated merchants of each of the foregoing, all prize suppliers, all agents or representatives of the foregoing, including without limitation their advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage whatsoever arising with respect to the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Promotion prize and further acknowledges that none of the foregoing persons have made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee a particular purpose thereof.
7. General Conditions: Entries that are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way, are automatically void. The released parties are not responsible for the following: (a) lost, late, delayed, illegible, inaudible, stolen, damaged, altered, destroyed, mutilated, misdirected, illegal, incomplete or postage due rule requests, entries or prize claims; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software typographical, mechanical, telephonic, electronic or network relating to or in connection with this Challenge, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Challenge, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Challenge-related materials; or any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge.
SUBTA fully reserves the right at any time, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Challenge, or any part of it, including if the Challenge is not capable of being completed as planned, including infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort beyond the reasonable control of SUBTA, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Challenge.
SUBTA is not responsible for printing errors in the Challenge materials or these official rules. If, due to a production or printing error or other unforeseen error, there are more winners than prizes for any level, SUBTA reserves the right to award any remaining prizes for that level through a random drawing of all eligible winners for that level. No more than the number of prizes listed herein will be awarded.
No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners.
By entering the Challenge and voluntarily providing your personal information as described in these official rules, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information by SUBTA only for purposes of this Challenge unless you opted in to receive further communications from Virtual Conference cosponsors.
8. Applicable Law: This Challenge is being conducted by SUBTA pursuant to the Prize Competitions Act (15 U.S.C. 3719) and is subject to all applicable federal laws and regulations. By participating in this Challenge, each contestant gives its full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and the related administrative decisions described in this notice, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge. A contestant’s eligibility for a prize award is contingent upon their fulfilling all requirements identified in this notice. Publication of this notice is not an obligation of funds on the part of SUBTA.
9. Conflicts of Interest: No individual acting as a judge at any stage of this Challenge may have personal or financial interests in, or be an employee, officer, director, or agent of any contestant or have a familial or financial relationship with a contestant.
10. Publicity Rights: By registering for the Virtual Conference and participating in the Challenge, each contestant consents to SUBTA’s and its agents’ use, in perpetuity, of its name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state information for promotional or informational purposes through any form of media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. Liability and Insurance Requirements: By registering for the Virtual Conference and participating in the Challenge, each contestant agrees to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from their participation in this Challenge, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise. By registering for the Virtual Conference and participating in the Challenge, each contestant further represents and warrants that it possesses sufficient liability insurance or financial resources to cover claims by a third party for death, bodily injury, or property damage or loss resulting from any activity it carries out in connection with its participation in this Challenge, or claims by the Federal Government for damage or loss to Government property resulting from such an activity. Contest winners should be prepared to demonstrate proof of insurance or financial responsibility in the event SUBTA deems it necessary.
12. Record Retention and Disclosure: All related materials provided to SUBTA in the Challenge automatically become SUBTA records and cannot be returned. Contestants should identify any confidential commercial information contained in their entries at the time of their submission to the local Host Organization.